The Portland Collection State Room ToursMonday 11 August to Monday 22 September 2014
Monday - Friday (excluding Bank Holidays), 10.15am and 2.30pm
See fine and decorative arts from the internationally renowned Portland Collection in its historic setting at Welbeck Abbey.
This walking tour lasts approximately an hour and a half.
Tours will start at The Harley Gallery at 10.15am and 2.30pm, when you will be taken by bus through Welbeck Village, passing the 5th Duke of Portland’s Riding School and Hunting Stables.
You will disembark the bus at Welbeck Abbey, home of the Cavendish-Bentinck family who have lived at Welbeck since 1606. The walking tour will lead you through the State Rooms; the grand reception rooms used for entertaining which were remodelled in the Edwardian period by Winifred, Duchess of Portland. These rooms include the magnificent Gothic Hall and tapestry hung Red Drawing Room, and feature an array of fine and decorative arts from The Portland Collections.
You will also have the opportunity to see the Print Corridor, Titchfield Library and Chapel before taking the bus back to The Harley Gallery where the tour will end.
Welbeck Abbey is a member of the Historic Houses Association (HHA). The HHA is a not-for-profit organisation which represents hundreds of beautiful historic properties in Britain, which are still privately-owned family homes.
The HHA was established in 1973 to help owners conserve these wonderful places in the interests of the nation, and represents more properties open to the public than the National Trust and English Heritage put together. William Parente, owner of Welbeck, is Deputy President of the Association.
Visit www.hha.org.uk to find out more.
Book Tickets Online or call 0844 888 9991
• No bags of any type, including handbags, will be allowed on the tour.
• There is NO PHOTOGRAPHY ALLOWED at any point. Please be aware that no cameras can be taken on the tour.
• We ask that you please do not wear stiletto heels.
• Please arrive at least 15 minutes early and report to Gallery Reception. We regret that latecomers will be not be able to join the tours after the bus has left the Gallery. The bus will depart at 10.15am and 2.30pm prompt.
• Please be aware that there are no seating or toilet facilities available during the walking tours, and the tour route contains several staircases.
• Wheelchair access is available by prior arrangement to include the State Rooms on the ground floor (we regret that wheelchair access does not extend to the Arts & Crafts Vestibule and the Print Corridor). Please let us know when booking if you require wheelchair access.
• Tickets are non-refundable.
• The Portland Collections State Room Tours do not include the Underground Ballroom or any tunnels.