We are looking for your own, original wall based artwork of any discipline, which must have been made in the last 2 years.
Entries are judged by our expert panel, with around 140 being selected for the exhibition.
On the panel for the 2017 Open Exhibition are:
- Hannah Obee, Exhibitions Curator, Chatsworth
- Geoff Diego Litherland, Artist
- Lucy Phillips, Director, Leicester Print Workshop
- The Harley Prize: £750 and a solo exhibition alongside the next Open Exhibition
- Judges Prize: £500 – Sponsored by The Welbeck Estates Company Ltd
- The People’s Prize: £250 – Sponsored by Child First at Welbeck
- The Storycatchers Prize: £250
- Welbeck Farm Shop Prize: Luxury Hamper
- The School of Artisan Food Prize: A weekend course
Additional prizes may also be awarded.
The Harley Gallery will always have a special place in my heart, since I was fortunate enough to win the People’s Award at the 2013 Open Exhibition, an award voted on by visitors to the show. Exhibiting in The Harley Gallery has certainly benefitted me personally, both by giving my work exposure to a wider public and by giving me formal recognition. Since exhibiting there, I have gone on to exhibit my work nationally and internationally – as far afield as continental Europe and at galleries in the United States.
We will be accepting entries for the 2017 Open Exhibition by digital application only. The Open Exhibition will open on 24 June until 20 August 2017.
Application deadline 5pm, 21 May 2017.
To enter, please click here for the application form.