The Harley Open Exhibition 2020 is going ahead and will be the first exhibition we show upon re-opening. We are extending the deadline for applications until 30 April 2020. If we do find that we have to cancel the exhibition, all submission fees will be refunded.
Despite enforced social distancing, we can still connect with others and share our creativity. Stay home, stay safe and get creative! #createandconnect
Call for Artists
We are inviting artists working in any wall-based form and living within 100 miles to apply, whether working in paint, print, photography or other mediums.
The exhibition will feature around 110 – 140 selected works and is expected to attract around 25,000 visitors.
Being awarded joint winner of the Harley Open 2019 was a really great boost to my practice as a painter. It has raised my profile and led to further opportunities to exhibit my work. It was great to be part of such a strong show with some really varied work and also to show in a gallery space which has had some fantastic exhibitions. Joanna Whittle.
£2000 – The Harley Gallery Award. Sponsored by The Harley Foundation.
£750 – The Harley Gallery Award – Highly Commended. Sponsored by Latimer Hinks Solicitors.
£500 – The People’s Prize. Sponsored by Welbeck Estates Company Limited
Digital submissions will be accepted from 1st February until 30th April 2020.
The application process for acceptance into the 2020 Harley Open Exhibition will be in 2 stages:
Digital application via an online submission process. More information coming soon! Want a reminder? Join our mailing list.
Successful artwork from Stage 1 must be delivered in person to The Harley Gallery for final selection. (Key dates and further information can be found below).
Key application information
- Open to all artists located within a 100 mile radius of The Harley Gallery.
- Entries must be your own, original artwork.
- Artwork must have been made within the last 2 years.
- Entries must be wall based.
- Entry is £10 per work, with a maximum of 2 entries.
- Entries for Stage 2 must be delivered in person to The Harley Gallery within the dates shown below.
- Open to artists 18 years and over only.
- Agree to The Harley Open 2020 Terms and Conditions
- Digital submissions: 1 February – 30 April 2020.
- Judges selection from digital submissions: TBC
- Successful entries from Stage 1 will be contacted by email: TBC
- Delivery of artwork to the Gallery for Stage 2: TBC
- Judges final selection: TBC
- Notification of successful entries announced on Harley website: TBC
- Unsuccessful entry collection: TBC
- Exhibition: TBC
- Prize giving party: TBC
- Collection of exhibited works: TBC
*Please note, if you are not diverted to paypal to secure payment, your application has not been successful.