We are inviting artists working in any wall-based form and living within 100 miles to apply, whether working in paint, print, photography or other mediums.
The exhibition will feature around 110 – 140 selected works and is expected to attract around 25,000 visitors.
Being awarded joint winner of the Harley Open 2019 was a really great boost to my practice as a painter. It has raised my profile and led to further opportunities to exhibit my work. It was great to be part of such a strong show with some really varied work and also to show in a gallery space which has had some fantastic exhibitions. Joanna Whittle.
Prizes will include the £2000 Harley Prize and the £500 People’s Prize.
Digital submissions will be accepted from 1st February until 1st April 2020.
The application process for acceptance into the 2020 Harley Open Exhibition will be in 2 stages:
Digital application via an online submission process. More information coming soon! Want a reminder? Join our mailing list.
Successful artwork from Stage 1 must be delivered in person to The Harley Gallery for final selection. (Key dates and further information can be found below).
Key application information
- Open to all artists located within a 100 mile radius of The Harley Gallery
- Entries must be your own, original artwork
- Artwork must have been made within the last 2 years
- Entries must be wall based
- Entry is £10 per work, with a maximum of 2 entries
- Entries for Stage 2 must be delivered in person to The Harley Gallery within the dates shown below.
- Open to artists 18 years and over only.
- Digital submissions: 1 February – 1 April 2020
- Judges selection from digital submissions: 6 April 2020
- Successful entries from Stage 1 will be contacted by email: 8 April 2020
- Delivery of artwork to the Gallery for Stage 2: 10 – 19 April 2020
- Judges final selection: 20 April 2020
- Notification of successful entries announced on Harley website: 21 April 2020
- Unsuccessful entry collection: 22 April – 26 April 2020
- Exhibition: 2 May – 5 July 2020
- Prize giving party: 2 May 2020
- Collection of exhibited works: 7 July – 12 July 2020.