In the spring of 2020 when the COVID-19 pandemic hit and a national lockdown took place the decision was made to cancel the Welbeck Winter Weekend.
After careful consideration, we are delighted to announce artists, makers and conservators from The Harley Studio Group will prop open their studio doors and welcome visitors safely into their creative spaces.
Normally closed to the public, the open studio event is the perfect opportunity to meet, chat and gain an insight into the craftsmanship, with the opportunity to buy direct from the makers.
Studios open during the event will include:
Free Natives, Clothing designer
Fiona Hutchinson, Ceramics Conservator
Geoff Tinniswood, Piano Restorer
Goetze Gwynn, Organ Builders
Hope & Elvis, Creative Workshops
J A Alcock & Sons, Clock Restorer
Jane Withers, Textile Artist
Kyra Cane, Ceramist
Laura Baxter, Jeweller
Louise Presley, Artist and Designer
Michelle Reader, Sculptor
Natalie Harris, Jeweller
Rachel Wood, Ceramicist
Richard Hartley, Guitar Maker
Simon Mount, Furniture Maker
Steve Handley, Sculptor
Urban Projections, Digital Artist
Ruth Waller, Textile Artist
This is a ticket only event with limited availability. Tickets are free but your place must be booked before you visit.
Visitors are welcome to attend one or more of the dates available. To visit, you must pre-book your ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01909 501 700.
To keep visitor numbers at a safe level we are staggering entry to every 30 minutes with a maximum of 10 people per time slot. Entry times start from 11am. Once entered, visitors are free to stay until 3pm.
How to book:
- Select your time of entry. You’ll need to pick a 30 minute arrival time for the date of your visit, entry times start from 11am.
- The time you select is your arrival time. Visitors are more than welcome to stay until the event closes at 3pm.
- Tickets can only be used by the named person.
- If you want to change your ticket, please contact us so we can arrange this for you.
- A booking confirmation will be sent via email. Please ensure you give the correct email address when giving your details. You will need to show the booking confirmation to enter the event.
What to expect on arrival:
- Please park in the main car park adjacent to The Courtyard at Welbeck. Limited accessible parking is available at the studio complex. This will need to be reserved at time of booking.
- Register your arrival by having your ticket ready (print or digital) to show a member of the front of house team at The Portland Collection reception.
- To keep visitors at a safe level, we are staggering entry times to every 30 minutes. Please arrive at your allocated time.
During your visit:
- To help keep everyone safe, we ask that all visitors adhere to social distancing rules and government guidance during your visit.
- If you’re showing any of the symptoms of COVID-19, or you’ve been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please DO NOT visit.
- In line with government guidance, you’re required to wear a face-covering when entering the studio spaces.
- No dogs allowed.
- Little Town Pantry will not be at the event. Food and drink will be available from The Harley Cafe, pre-booking is advised.
- Toilet facilities are located in The Portland Collection only.
Visiting during COVID-19
We will closely monitor the ongoing COVID-19 situation and enforce any necessary changes. Should the event be cancelled, we will endeavour to contact all visitors along with announcements on our social media platforms. Be sure to follow us to keep up to date!
Getting to the Studios:
The Harley Studio complex is a 5 minutes’ walk from the main car park and can be accessed through The Courtyard at Welbeck, between The Harley Gallery and Portland Collection.
Have a question regarding this event? Email email@example.com or call us on 01909 501 700.