It’s Fashion Show Friday and this week’s theme is nature.
Now we are allowed to go out in the fresh air for as long as we want, we thought we would gain some inspiration from Finnish-Norwegian artist duo Riitta Ikonen and Karoline Hjorth and their ongoing project ‘Eyes as Big as Plates’ which has evolved into a continual search for modern human’s belonging to nature. Take a look at the project.
Feeling inspired? Go outside, gather your materials and start making your own piece of wearable art, take a nice photo and share with us #harleyfashionshowfriday
Follow our guide to fashion your own nature-inspired wearable art.
What you will need:
- Gathered materials from nature – it’s best to pick things that will grow quickly again, don’t go picking large quantities of something that will be harmful to the environment, be mindful of the materials that you are choosing leaving enough for the bees and other wildlife. Grass is perfect, you could also pick up sticks or fallen pinecones. Feel free to go outside and explore and see what you can find.
1. Go outside in the garden or go for a walk and select your materials.
2. Work out which part of the body you will be making it for, will it be on your head, around your neck or an entire outfit.
3. Layout the materials and start to tie them together with the string.
4. Take a picture and share with us #harleyfashionshowfriday