Love learning about visual art with The Harley Gallery.
We believe that art makes life better. Art can give so much enjoyment, both in making and looking, and it also helps us to understand ourselves and others better.
By developing a programme of events, workshops and projects we aim to offer experiences that will capture the imagination, with opportunities to get hands-on and learn practical making skills, as well as events that share the theory and history of art. Making art and understanding art go hand in hand.
Explore our events, activities and resources…
About the learning programme
Our learning and development programme is for everybody; from formal school education to adult learning lectures.
- Creative activities in the Gallery and at home
- Art classes for kids and families
- Trips for schools
- Adult art classes
- Art projects for schools, with art lesson plans, ideas, support and resources for teachers
- Art courses and workshops for community groups
- Events for HE FE and lifelong learning groups
- Lectures and talks
- A specialist pottery studio where you can try painting pottery or take one of our ceramics courses
- Outreach projects
The programme aims to capture the imagination and offer opportunities to enjoy art in all its different forms.
We also work with other organisations including Nottinghamshire MIND, The Mighty Creatives and Nottinghamshire County Council.